Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Huge Baha'i Conference

TUESDAY, JANUARY 13, 2009

Toronto Regional Conference

Last weekend Ron Speer, Peter Gardner and I shared a hotel room while we attended the big Toronto Baha'i Regional Conference at the Toronto Congress Centre. Unfortunately, our room was in the smoking part of the hotel and I am still trying to overcome the migraines and other problems caused by the lingering smoke of past residents.

I have been disappointed to see how little is to be found reporting the Regional Conference, no news reports are in evidence and nothing is turning up in the blogosphere. A Baha'i just wrote me these comments, so I will cite what she had to say,

"I'm so glad I went. Initially, I did not intend to go as I'm not a huge fan of crowds of people (I'm slightly claustrophobic) but at our last Feast, we studied the Oct 20 letter from the House of Justice FOR TWO HOURS (surprised the daylights out of all of us) and all of us got fired up, so that 6 of the 8 people in our community (the ones at the Feast) immediately registered.  I'm very grateful I was there, especially as I think Counsellor Birkland is the best Baha'i speaker I've heard in years. He really made it for me this past weekend.  Plus, I saw old friends from Toronto, Ottawa area and Newfoundland that I had not seen in years."

I wanted to share my photos here but our dedicated computer that deals with that is down. Maybe some of my readers would like to share their comments and experiences and pictures with this blog. For heaven's sake, we will have more publicity for our fireside tonight in tiny Dunnville than I have seen for a conference of four thousand five hundred believers in the media centre of Canada.

--
John Taylor

email: badijet@gmail.com
blog: http://badiblog.blogspot.com/

::

No comments: